People for ages have used expressions such as, ‘I like to keep my feet on the ground’, ‘She’s a grounded person, very down-to-earth’ or ‘that person’s head is in the clouds’.
What does it mean to be ‘grounded’? Being ‘grounded’ for some, conjures up images of a being in a calm mood, with a ‘level’ head.
The earth’s electrical field is maintained by thousands of thunderstorms that are continually charging the earth. This electrical charge is evenly and rapidly dispersed across the earth, since the earth is quite conductive.
We are ‘grounded’ when we are in direct connection with the earth. When we touch the earth she shares her negative electrons. Standing barefoot on the earth connects us with the rhythmic cycles of the earth’s energy field. This helps to synchronize our biological clocks, hormonal cycles and physiological rhythms.
The most ideal way to stay grounded would be to walk barefoot all the time. Since this isn’t possible for most there are grounding wires and wrist straps, and grounding mats, that can be used to help increase our time ‘grounded’. Personal computers in the early days used to have anti-static mats attached to them. These mats are connected to the ground plug in the electrical outlet.
Dr. Sinatra discusses “grounding,” or “Earthing,“
The direct and indirect means of improving health by absorbing the earth’s natural, electromagnetic energy.
Health expert Dr. Mercola interviews James Oschman
James Oschman is an expert in the field of energy medicine, with a Bachelor’s Degree in Biophysics and a PhD in Biology from the University of Pittsburgh. As an author of a number of books, he is widely recognized as an authority in the biophysics of energy medicine.
In this interview they discuss the practice of “earthing,” or grounding.
Earthing: The Overlooked “Electroceutical” & Effects on my Lyme Symptoms – Pt 1 of 2
From Alix at Natural News: “Earthing might be a better antioxidant than foods and supplements combined. We’ve insulated ourselves from the earth’s unlimited supply of electrons since we began wearing rubber soled shoes in the 1960s. Earthing (or grounding) rejoins us with earth’s natural healing energy.”
David Wolfe discusses some of the research on the benefits of grounding- from July 2010.
Some points from the above video:
Find out why it is vital for our health to be connected to the earth.
- Clint Ober shared a stack of peer-reviewed research on grounding with David and this video summarizes this research quite well.
- Research has shown that cortisol levels are beginning to balance within 8 weeks after ‘grounding’ for 15 minutes or more a day.
- The earth is covered with negatively charged electrons that pour into our body at the speed of light the minute we are connected to the earth. ‘When we are disconnected from that natural negative charge from the earth we are subject to oxidation and we develop inflammation’.
- Most people enjoy being in the water, whether at the beach or in the bathtub. The grounding effects of water immediately start to detoxify as well as having other profound effects on balancing the body’s PH.
- Walking barefoot connects us to the earth allowing the electrons to pass into our body. Touching trees too of course ground us too.
- Even the EMF fields going into your body are reduced as well when grounded, diverting it into the earth.
- Pain of the chronic type is associated with an excess ‘positive’ charge in the body.
- Many of us spend our time when on vacation connecting to Mother Nature and there is a reason for that. We ‘mineralize’ while connecting with the earth.
- Ss much of our energy is spent in search of good health. The research is indicating that there are benefits to increasing the amount of time we are grounded.
- The earth is a reference point for circadian rhythms in our body.
- Skin to skin to contact with the earth can help to restore balance after traveling as little as 15 minutes.
In summary David explains chronic inflammation and how grounding can help with this. We have an excess of ‘positive’ charge in our bodies – meaning we lack electrons and are oxidizing more quickly as a result.
Near the end of the video David makes a short pitch for his Program. This video is well worth watching all 21 minutes of it. Much valuable information enabling us to better understand what grounding is all about.
Longevity Conference 2010– David Wolfe’s Grounding Experiment
More Videos on Grounding
Sources used and further information on Grounding:
Grounding Straps for Sale
Shop for Grounding straps and supplies at LessEMF.com
Click on: “EMF Shielding Devices” section on Menu- 2nd from top left.
Next select “Grounding cords, clips, connectors” under the heading “Material to Custom Make Your Own Shields”. This site can be challenging to navigate- yet they seem to offer some of the most reasonably priced products. From grounding straps to fabrics, everything one needs to buy ready made straps or explore the DIY side of grounding sheets and more.
Please note: I get a 10 % commission on sales made through the above link to lessEMF.com.
1 % of the total sales will be donated to Murakami Center for Lyme Disease and the rest will go towards my son’s medical treatment and to other Lyme patient’s medical bills.